Graduate Program – What we offer
Coulter Roache’s Graduate Program offers you great professional experience and invaluable on-the-job learning. Our program will enhance your technical skills and develop your interpersonal and client-facing skills. You will do hands-on legal work from day one.
We offer up to two Graduate Traineeship positions each year, and follow the Law Institute of Victoria (LIV) Guidelines for applications.
What we look for
Coulter Roache will consider candidates with strong academic results, the intelligence to tackle interesting legal matters and willingness to work productively and professionally with all levels of colleagues and clients. Successful candidates will be proactive, motivated, ambitious, energetic and keen to learn and develop. Part-time work experience and involvement in the Geelong community will be an advantage.
What you get
Our program is built on three practice group rotations which could include any of the following five areas of law: Corporate & Commercial; Wills, Estates & Succession Planning; Litigation & Dispute Resolution; Property & Development; and Family Law.
Graduates will complete a part-time Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice with the College of Law during the six-month period.
When can I apply for the Graduate Program?
The key dates for the 2018 Graduate Program application period are as follows:
- Applications open on Friday 11 August 2017 at 9:00am
- Applications close on Sunday 27 August 2017 at 11:59pm
- Interviews will take place across September (dates to be confirmed)
- Offers for 2018 Graduate Program will be made on Monday 9 October 2017, after 10:00am
Please note, applications outside of these times will not be accepted.
How do I apply?
We will only be accepting applications for our 2018 Graduate Program from students who have previously completed a clerkship at Coulter Roache (or will complete a clerkship prior to the end of 2017).
Please send your resume and a copy of your transcript to our HR Manager, Belinda Perisic, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not require a cover letter to be included in your application, however we would instead like you to respond to the following questions:
- What motivates you to pursue a career in law? (max 400 words)
- Why are you interested in a career at Coulter Roache? (max 400 words)
- Which three (3) Coulter Roache practice areas would you be interested in undertaking a rotation in? (max 100 words)
For more information on the LIV Guidelines, please visit the LIV website.