Designs – Intellectual Property
As creator, you may not recognise the commercial potential or the vulnerability of your designs until it’s too late.
Designs often fall through the cracks of IP protection. Designs registration is one of the most overlooked areas of intellectual property.
Registration of a new and distinctive design of a product grants you, the registered owner, a monopoly over the exploitation of an identical or substantially similar design for a maximum of 10 years. A design is the visual features of the product being the shape, configuration, pattern or ornamentation of a product.
Our team of expert intellectual property lawyers provide insightful advice to help you protect the inherent and potential value in your designs.
Our services include:
- searching and advising on the registrability of designs
- filing design applications
- prosecuting design applications
- advising on the suitability of drawings
- initiating or defending design opposition proceedings
- initiating or defending design infringement proceedings in the Federal Circuit Court.