Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Resolve issues. Get on with business. For any commercial entity, a protracted dispute is damaging. Cost-effective resolution is key.
We focus on understanding where you stand and providing you with clear, practical legal advice that drives resolution. We seek to grasp the commercial drivers behind the dispute and align resolution strategies with the demands of your business. Our priority is identifying and managing risks posed by litigation and providing a realistic assessment of your case at the earliest opportunity.
Disputes can often be resolved via mediation or other processes. Sometimes, litigation is unavoidable. When it does come to a contested dispute, we will vigorously prosecute your case, applying our team’s experience and skill to get you the best possible commercial outcome.
Our specialist team brings together litigation lawyers and dispute lawyers with track records of representing clients in courts and specialist tribunals at all levels in both State and Federal jurisdictions.
We understand that navigating a dispute can be stressful. To ease the pressure, we make sure you have complete accessibility to your legal team throughout. At all times, you will know the up-to-date progress and likely costs, outcomes and time horizons.
Along with general commercial litigation experience we offer specific expertise in:
- workplace relations
- insolvency and restructuring
- regulatory compliance, investigation and prosecution
- partners and shareholders disputes including directors’ duties
- professional negligence claims
- building disputes
- consumer disputes
- intellectual property disputes.
Collectively, our Litigation & Dispute Resolution team combines decades of relevant experience. Recent case involvement includes:
- commencing Supreme Court proceedings for businesses in a dispute from the sale or purchase of the business
- complex trust disputes
- winding up proceedings (prosecuting and defending)
- defending proceedings brought by ASIC against company directors for breach of their duties.