Work within a dynamic and highly regarded family law team, consisting of industry experts and an accredited family law specialist
- Wonderful opportunity for mentoring and autonomy for senior applicants, including appearance work
- Salary commensurate with experience
Who we are
From our regional heart in Geelong, the team at Coulter Roache service local and national legal partnerships with both private and business clients.
Our people are the key to our success and our reputation is built on the contributions of each individual in our team.
About the role
This is a full time, ongoing role in our Family Law team, with the opportunity to work primarily at our Geelong office, and with opportunity to work from Torquay or Melbourne as well.
You will have a thorough knowledge of both the Family Court and the Federal Circuit Court processes and rules. Importantly, you will be able to demonstrate a conciliatory approach to resolving matters for clients with your strong professional and empathetic manner.
A solid understanding of matters including property division for married parties and de-facto partners, including same sex partners, matters involving children’s ongoing care arrangements following separation, spousal maintenance, child support and intervention orders will be crucial to your success in this role.
Working with a highly regarded Family Law team, including industry professionals and an accredited family law specialist, you will be a practitioner willing to share your knowledge and continue to build our rapidly growing team.
This role will give you a wonderful opportunity for mentoring and provide autonomy for senior applicants, including appearance work.
You will need:
- At least three years post-admission experience in Family Law (preferred)
- Proven experience practising in a team environment in a family law department
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work independently where required
- Ability to interact confidently with clients and build effective working relationships
- Proven ability to provide an excellent quality of work
- Ability to develop referrers
You will deliver:
- Excellent client focused service
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Efficient time management to maintain control of key priorities
You will bring:
- Solid Family Law knowledge
- Proven ability to work in a high volume environment
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work well within a team
- Positive, proactive and flexible attitude
- Experience with Lexis Affinity desirable but not essential
Why join us?
With more than 80 years supporting the business community in Geelong and surrounds, we have the environment to create your success and build you career.
You will join a strong and highly regarded Family Law team, where you can continue to develop your skills and experience. Our team have recently been recognised as Leading and Recommended Family Lawyers in Doyle’s Guide.
Some of our benefits include:
- Excellent remote access to enable flexible work arrangements, including working from home
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including discounted yoga and gym memberships
- Access to volunteering opportunities to give back to your own community
- A genuinely supportive and welcoming culture
- Access to training and development
How to apply
For a confidential discussion, please contact Belinda Perisic, General Manager on (03) 5273 5278.
To submit your application, please click APPLY.
Applications will be accepted until 5pm Friday 7 February, 2020.
Coulter Roache values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
At Coulter Roache we are committed to supporting people with a disability gain employment and develop their careers with us – if you meet the above requirements, we encourage you to apply.