Insolvency is a sensitive and complex area which requires expert advice. Our insolvency team uses its comprehensive experience and merges technical skill and commercial insight in dealing with a broad range of insolvency matters.
Our approach to insolvency is that sound commercial advice and direction benefits you now and into the future. We aim to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
We act for administrators, liquidators, trustees, receivers and managers as well as individuals and companies in all aspects of corporate and personal insolvency. We also represent creditors adversely affected by distressed companies.
Our lawyers are experts in advising on:
- appointment issues – the valid appointment of a voluntary administrator, liquidator or receiver is a critical step in commencing insolvency procedures
- the Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR)
- voidable transactions
- drafting and negotiating deeds of company arrangement; and
- debt recovery
Our insolvency-related services include:
- advising company directors on duties and company turnaround
- representing secured and unsecured creditors in the recovery of assets, property and debts
- conducting litigation for and against insolvency practitioners, including recoveries under the insolvency provisions of the Corporations Act and Bankruptcy Act concerning unfair preferences, uncommercial transactions and other voidable transactions
- advising creditors who are or may be affected by the insolvency of their debtors
- acting for individuals and companies facing insolvency – advising on formal insolvency options, and possible alternatives
- acting for related parties or family members who may be affected by the insolvency of a family member or business partner
Our proven experience means that our team can help you navigate the complex area of insolvency with ease