To study in Australia, you can apply for an Australian Student Visa (Subclass 500).
The Australian Student Visa (Subclass 500) allows you to travel or remain in Australia for a period of up to 5 years to study full time in an Australian educational institution as per your enrolment. The length of your course will determine the duration of your visa.
Am I eligible for an Australian Student Visa (Subclass 500)?
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) at a full-time course registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and courses for Overseas Students, CRICOS
- If you’re under 18 years of age, you must have adequate welfare arrangements in place while you are in Australia
- You may need to show evidence of your English Ability
- You, and any family members travelling with you, must have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) from an approved Australian health insurance provider. The OSHC will need to apply to the duration of the stay
- Meet Health and Character requirements
- Have enough money for your stay in Australia
- You must meet the genuine entrant requirement
What can I do while holding an Australian Student Visa (Subclass 500)?
- Take part in an eligible course
- Bring your dependant family members
- You can be in or outside of Australia when you apply
- Work up to 40 hours per week every 2 weeks once your course commences
Up to 5 years
From AUD $620
Processing times vary
Student under the age of 18 must make adequate welfare arrangements and if you are the guardian of an international student under the age of 18, you may be able to apply for a Student Guardian Visa to accompany a Student visa holder. Find out more here.
Next steps, contact us.
Once you have enrolled in a full-time course by an Australian Education provider, we can assist you to lodge your Student Visa Application.
Contact Coulter Roache Migration Lawyer, Traci Chen, for a no cost 15 minute consultation to discuss your suitability for this visa. To arrange a consultation, click on the Contact Form button below.