Specialist and effective property law advice for your specific needs
Our Property & Development team provide specialist legal advice to a broad range of public and private clients. We regularly assist and advise property developers, purchasers, vendors, owners corporations, land owners, tenants, farmers, trustees and lenders, across residential, industrial, commercial, retail and farming contexts.
We have experience in advising clients in a broad range of complex transactions across Victoria, from adverse possession claims through to acquisition of real property by self-managed superannuation funds.
We invest time into our client’s matters, to better understand their circumstances and what they are trying to achieve. This enables us to pre-empt challenges which may arise from the outset, provide timely and relevant advice, and work with each of our clients to deliver accurate and suitable solutions which meet your commercial objectives. We also work with accountants and financial planners to ensure that the outcomes meets the client’s broader commercial and business objectives.
Our Property & Development team provide a range of services, including advising and assisting on:
- Adverse possession claims;
- General law conversion;
- Issues affecting title;
- Taxation liabilities including land tax, stamp duty, GAIC, CGT and GST;
- Lost title applications;
- The manner of holding of property and ownership of property;
- Owners Corporations;
- Retirement Villages;
- Rural and farming;
- Stamp Duty and Land Tax implications;
- Subdivisions and property development; and
- Acquisitions, transfers, divestment and vesting of property by trusts and self-managed superannuation funds.