We are committed to ensuring the safety of our people, our clients and the broader community that we operate within.
Coulter Roache is fully resourced to continue to provide the high level of support expected from our Estate Administration clients during this rapidly changing situation with COVID-19.
Our people will continue to be accessible to you by phone, email or video conference, as we reduce face-to-face appointments during this time.
Grants of Probate and Letters of Administration
Our team is experienced in dealing with families during their time of loss and are sensitive to estate administration needs when a loved one has passed away. We provide expert, tailored and timely assistance in estate administration, which can be often be a complex process. We provide peace of mind in dealing with applications for Grants of Probate and Letters of Administration. This process can be quite overwhelming at a time when you are grieving the loss of a loved one. Our team of expert lawyers will step through this process with you. Proper estate administration requires a detailed understanding of the terms of the deceased’s Will. As Executors and Trustees there are particular duties which must be complied with and we can ensure you are properly advised throughout. Our expertise includes:
- Applications for Grants of Probate or Letters of Administration
- Administration of intestate estates (where there is no Will)
- Calling in estate assets including superannuation, monies held with banks and other investment institutions, shares, life insurances, aged care accommodation bonds and real property
- The sale, whether by auction or private treaty, of any real property held in the estate
- Arranging for the distribution of estate assets and where required, the preparation of Deeds of Family Arrangement to support such distributions
- Applications for claims for superannuation and objections to superannuation determinations
- Collation of information for provision to specialist estate accountants for the preparation of tax returns
- The establishment and transfer of assets to Testamentary (Family Will) Trusts
- The transfer of private company shares
- The preparation of Deeds of Removal and Appointment for Appointors and Trustees for Family Trusts
- Applications to the Supreme Court for the payment of Executor’s commission
- Pursuing and defending claims against estates for further provision
Thank you again for everything and we will not hesitate in recommending your services to others.